[AccessD] OT: Wireless network (sort of)

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 07:33:27 CST 2003

John:

I heard that you can daisy chain hubs off one of the ports on your router to
get more ports and that you can go up to 255 devices from one router this
way.  Seems to easy and cheap, though.

I've also found that when creating a new network it sometimes takes a few
minutes for the different shared devices to 'see' each other - especially on
the wireless.  So I'll whang around frustrated trying to get the network to
work and then have the same experience you had - after a few minutes,
suddenly the other machines are in my network neighborhood.  Go figure.

Rocky