[AccessD] OT: Wireless network (sort of)

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Fri Oct 31 09:34:07 CST 2003

Master Browser is different than DHCP.  It's a "behind
the scenes" thing.

When a computer is added to the network a browser
election is forced, to see who will be the domain's
master browser.  There is a long convoluted formula
that Windows uses to determine this.  It's based on
OS, hardware, anda few other things I disremember at
the moment.

The winner of this election is the one that hands out
the information that you see when you click on Network
Neighborhood.

=== message truncated ===