[AccessD] Replication by CD copy

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 31 13:04:29 CST 2003

Copying or moving replicas either by email or sneaker net is a BAD THING.

Here is Michael Kaplan's take on this. He made a small fortune fixing
these things.

PURPOSE OF REPLICATION: To have two or more copies of a Jet database
that are always considered one synchronization away from being
identical. Multiple people can make changes in multiple databases but in
the end everyone will reach "convergence" and will be the same. The
support is for connected and occasionally connected users... but not FOR
disconnected users. Microsoft Jet replication does not support the
scenario where you do not have a true direct, indirect, or internet
connection. Period.

This will not apply in the following scenarios:

1) Using the built-in methods to move a replica, either via the
Replication Manager menu command or the TSI Synchronizer MoveReplica
method.
2) The briefcase reconciler

http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet009.asp?1033
Have look through his site for replication suggestions

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.