[AccessD] Replication and non-replicated archives

Don Elliker delliker at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:29:49 CDT 2003

I have a database which used to allow creation of a copy of the current
database to an archive (full copy of the data portion). This Db has now
grown in popularity and is to be rolled out to many users (100+). To make
this perform acceptably, I have elected to replicate hubs across servers
(WAN) and one of the things that has cropped up is this 'archive'
functionality.

One of the purposes of this archive is to allow users to change their
connection to an archive, copy some test cases from the archive to a temp
table, re-conect to the current Db and then automagically copy them from the
temp table to the current Db (after some mapping shennanigans).

The question is :Will I be able to create 'unreplicated'  Dbs from a
replicated Db?
_d

"Things are only free to the extent that you don't pay for them".-Don
Elliker