[AccessD] Automation between 2 applications

Backroads Data backroad at idir.net
Tue Sep 9 10:59:03 CDT 2003

Hello Group,

I have 2 (related) questions on this subject...

Question 1: If another application (it's not Access, I believe it's C++) uses the Shell command to launch my Access application, and the Access app is already open, will this simply make the Access app "active", or will it launch a 2nd instance of it?  (I'm wanting it to make my app active, not open another copy.)

Question 2: Is there any kind of "Application.Activation" event I can hook into?  If the above issue can be resolved to activate the Access app, I need Access to go to a specific form and process a small amount of data from the launching application.  (I can do this if the other app actually opens the Access app, but am not sure if I can call this processing routine when the already-open app is activated.)

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide.

Best Regards,

Julie Schwalm
Backroads Data
www.backroadsdata.com