[AccessD] Send Email over HTTP

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Sep 11 03:16:05 CDT 2003

Hi all

Given the many posts on problems sending e-mails from clients'
machines and/or mail clients, here's an alternative approach using
HTTP and an outside Web server and SMTP server.

<quote>

I've added an interesting example to demonstrate something I don't
think many people are aware of:  You can send email over HTTP.
Basically, you can use Chilkat XML in combination with the MWestern
Email component to send email such that the email originates from
your Web server.  If you have an application that is distributed to
client computers where you want to add email sending capability, but
you are not assured of access to an SMTP server, you can use this
solution to send mail.

Here is the example:
http://www.example-code.com/vb/vbHttpMail.asp

Best Regards,