[AccessD] Referencing Recordsource in Report

Tim Thiessen tim at irwin-greenhouses.com
Tue Sep 16 08:10:18 CDT 2003

Hi List!

I am having a problem understanding how to reference the recordsource in a
report.  I need to have a text box in a report show 1 of 3 possible fields
in a report.  I am using the following code to do this.  When I run the
report, I get the error message "Type mismatch" with the code
"Me.Recordsource" highlighted.  Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong or
a better way to do this?

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Dim CurDb As Database
Dim rstInv As Recordset, rstPricing As Recordset
Dim strInv As String

Set CurDb = CurrentDb
strInv = "SELECT Customers.[Customer Number], Customers.[Pricing Type],
Customers.Code " _
    & "FROM Customers " _
    & "WHERE Customers.[Customer Number]= '" &
Forms!frmAckCustInventory![cboCustomer] & "';"
Set rstPricing = CurDb.OpenRecordset(strInv, dbOpenDynaset)
Me!PricingCode = rstPricing!Code

Set rstInv = Me.RecordSource

Select Case rstPricing!Code
    Case 1