[AccessD] Removing a filter from a report

Nancy Lytle nancy.lytle at auatac.com
Wed Sep 24 09:53:25 CDT 2003

I know this should be simple but I have tried everything I can think
of....and it was pushed to the back burner and now it is on the hot plate
again so...
The problem is I have a few reports, which users choose from a form. This
form allows the user to choose the report they want, the year (one year, ie
2003 or all years) for the data, and the dept  (either one dept. ie EDP or
all depts), then a click of a button and the report opens for viewing with
the selected records.  But what seems to happen on occassion is that a
"filter" will stick to the report, thus making the next selection not work.

I selected the reports using the good old stDocName for the report and
stLinkCriteria for the filter, ie DoCmd.OpenReport
stDocName,,,stLinkCriteria

On the close of each report I use Me.filter = "" and Me.applyFilter = false

What am I doing wrong?
PS, I also have the same problem with forms when I want to open one report
based on criteria from another form.

TIA

Nancy Lytle
nancy.lytle at auatac.com