[AccessD] Crystal Reports Resubmit

Paula Wright paulawright at boddienoell.com
Wed Sep 3 11:50:32 CDT 2003

It's been a while since I recreated the reports in Crystal.  If I remember
correctly the message was something along the lines of "Too many fields
defined."  These reports are quite extensive with approximately 1000
calculated fields, some on the report, some in the query.  Rather than having
a detail that changes with the record, each field is based on one record in a
table and is a separate field, if you understand what I'm saying.  I did
check the specs in Access and it truly was beyond the capabilities of Access.
There are 7 pages to the report (it's actually all one report) and I broke it
down as far as I could into 7 different reports.

I have been writing in Access for 7 years and have written some very complex
reports.  I had never run across that either.  It took me quite by surprise,
not realizing that it was even possible and it was rather frustrating as I
had spent many, many long hours writing these reports.  I started with the
basic foundation of displaying the base calculations themselves for each
report and then went back to include percentages.  That's when I ran across
the problem.