[AccessD] Error 3011

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 18:11:07 CDT 2003

Marty,

I went to my client's site on Friday and re-named the offending form and
re-imported it (ezs_SmartSearch) from the Database Creations ezsearch.mdb.

At first that seemed to fix the problem. With no modifications to the
vanilla version of the SmartSearch form I could perform a search like I was
supposed to under AXP. But then I put both modules -- for the modified Smart
Search form that I'd fiddled with and the vanilla version -- side-by-side in
the Visual Basic editor. I paged through all the code and examined the
changes I'd made. Some of them were entirely innocuous, at least in my view:
I'd split apart all of the Dim statements that had multiple variable
definitions on one line; made the "Advanced" search button invisible; used a
line continuation character in a long query string; split up a one-line IF
statement into an IF-End If structure...piddly-ass stuff. But when I made
some of these changes to the re-imported SmartSearch form, then I started to
get problems again with that goofy object name. I'm stumped.

My problem is exacerbated in that I have a Windows 2000/Access 2000
workstation at my office and a Windows XP-Home/Access XP workstation at the
client's site.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

If architects built buildings the way programmers built applications, the
first woodpecker to come along would cause the end of civilization.