[AccessD] Naming Convention (was Days Past Due - Grace Period)

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Wed Sep 10 22:30:45 CDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 08:28:53PM -0400, William Hindman wrote:
> ...I can ...have ...will :)
>
> ...working with my own code is difficult enough using naming conventions
> ...trying to figure out what someone else intended when they don't use
> Reddick and/or don't comment their code/conventions drives me ape ...you
> work in a different environment than I do ...I constantly get handed code
> that someone else did, they are no longer available, and no one in the
> client's office has a clue ...and most of it isn't written using Reddick or
> comments ...actually most of it would be better off dumped in the bit bucket
> but that's usually not an option ...so, if I'm doing anything other than a
> quick fix, my first task is to standardize the code using naming conventions
> and comments where possible ...all while loudly and inventively cursing the
> bunghole who wrote it :))))

Agreed. Personally, I'm inclined to introduce goats into the person's
ancestry. And they're not healthy goats. :)

I find that rewriting the code brings me up to speed on how the code
works about as fast as anything else I could do, and ensures that I'll
understand it the next time I see it.

Bob Hall