[AccessD] ReadDirectoryChangesW, not returning anything to t he buffer.

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 23:09:27 CDT 2003

Odd.  Although I have a preference for longs myself, it turns out that a
number of standard Access functions use other numeric types so there is
little need to look for old API calls to run into these.  For example, the
mouse cooridinate parameters in a mouse move, down or up event are singles
even though the values are always 'whole' numbers while the button and shift
parameters are integer types.  The standard cancel parameter for open events
is also typed as an integer and you had better dimension a compatible
numeric type if you are passing a value to one of these standard procedures
as a variable, though the mouse parameters are technically return or read
only values 'returned' by a sub procedure.  My rule is to use a compatible
type and if a long will work, that's the ticket.

Hen