[AccessD] (Simple?) Problem Creating a "Yes/No" [Data Type] F ield in a MakeTable Query

Ron Allen chizotz at charter.net
Thu Sep 11 12:54:25 CDT 2003

Hi Alan,

If I understand what you're looking to do, I don't think
it can be done exactly that way. I don't know of a way to
change the lookup type of a table programatically, and I'm
as certain as I can be that it can't be done as part of
the SQL.

I handle this type of situation, usually, by creating the
table and setting the properties, then using an append
query instead of a make table.

However, you can resolve the problem easily by just
changing the "0" to a 0 (converting it or however else
works for you), which will be saved as a numeric, and
since booleans are actually numbers (0 or 1) your
checkboxes on forms will work fine. Unless you're giving
your user access to the table directly of course...

HTH,

Ron