[AccessD] Lose Focus

John B. john at winhaven.net
Mon Sep 15 17:41:27 CDT 2003

Charlotte:
That's what I'm experiencing. I have a function that is called by shortcut
menu from a number of different forms. The record needs to be saved before
it will work correctly. I could save the record automatically in the
after_update event but this would be saving the record after each update for
something that rarely occurrs.

The only time this is an issue is if someone adds a new row (this is a
continuos form) and then uses the shortcut function immediately. Of course a
client just called and noted this. Click on another row first is the
immediate work around but not real obvious to them.

I'm thinking I should be able to use ActiveForm to perform a SaveRecord when
the shortcut menu calls the function. Any help on that idea would be
welcome.

John B.