[AccessD] Trasnfer Table Between Databases

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 16 23:47:30 CDT 2003

You can do this; from IN and INTO help files

The following example makes a copy of the Employees table and places the
new table in the assumed database Backup.mdb:

SELECT Employees.* INTO Employees IN Backup.mdb FROM Employees;

or
Sub SelectIntoX()
    Dim dbs As Database
    Dim qdf As QueryDef
    ' Modify this line to include the path to Northwind
    ' on your computer.
    Set dbs = OpenDatabase("Northwind.mdb")

    ' Select all records in the Employees table
    ' and copy them into a new table, Emp Backup.
    dbs.Execute "SELECT Employees.* INTO " _
        & "[Emp Backup] FROM Employees;"

    ' Delete the table because this is a demonstration.
    dbs.Execute "DROP TABLE [Emp Backup];"

    dbs.Close