[AccessD] OT: Detect what Network I'm on

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Sep 17 02:16:14 CDT 2003

On 17 Sep 2003 at 8:58, Erwin Craps wrote:

> What do you mean with local network name?
>
> The workgroup, domain name?
> Don't know that one, but I supose it's posible.

I haven't tried it (I'll play around with it later) but:

NetWkstaUserGetInfo
The NetWkstaUserGetInfo function returns information about the
currently logged-on user. This function must be called in the context
of the logged-on user.

Security Requirements

This function only works locally.

NET_API_STATUS NetWkstaUserGetInfo(

    LPTSTR reserved,
    DWORD level,
    LPBYTE *bufptr
   );

Parameters

reserved

This parameter must be set to NULL.

level

Specifies one of the following values to return the level of
information provided.

Value	Meaning
0	The bufptr parameter points to a WKSTA_USER_INFO_0 structure.
1	The bufptr parameter points to a WKSTA_USER_INFO_1 structure.
1101	The bufptr parameter points to a WKSTA_USER_INFO_1101 structure.

bufptr

On return, a pointer to the return information structure is returned
in the address pointed to by bufptr.

 and

The WKSTA_USER_INFO_1 structure contains user information about a
specified workstation, including the name of the current user, the
LAN Manager domains accessed by the workstation, and user account
information.

typedef struct _WKSTA_USER_INFO_1 {    LPTSTR    wkui1_username;
LPTSTR    wkui1_logon_domain;    LPTSTR    wkui1_oth_domains;
LPTSTR    wkui1_logon_server;}WKSTA_USER_INFO_1,
*PWKSTA_USER_INFO_1, *LPWKSTA_USER_INFO_1;

Members

wkui1_username

Returns the name of the user currently logged on to the workstation.

wkui1_logon_domain

Returns the domain name of the user account of the user currently
logged on to the workstation.

wkui1_oth_domains

Returns the list of other LAN Manager domains browsed by the
workstation. The domain names are separated by blanks.

wkui1_logon_server

Returns the name of the computer that authenticated the server.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg