[AccessD] Lose Focus

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:02:24 CDT 2003

John,

If I understand your dilema...you need to reference the form name that had
focus right before 'right clicking'...you might be able to use the method
below.  The main error not addressed is if no control had focus previous to
the 'right click'.  I created this function in a module(and can call from
anywhere in app) and then referenced it on the shortcut menu.
"ctlPrevious.Parent.Name" gives you the name of the form that you right
clicked on...or the form name of the object(textbox or whatever) you right
clicked on depending where you indicated it as a shortcut menu..

Hope it helps,

Mark A. Matte

Function FormNameGet()

Dim ctlPrevious As Control

    Set ctlPrevious = Screen.PreviousControl
    Forms!frmtest!test = ctlPrevious.Parent.Name

End Function