[AccessD] Retrieving data from a secured remote db

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Sep 18 17:18:53 CDT 2003

Okay, and you just want to retrieve data from it?  Do you want a linked
table, or not? If you have a table, that you want to allow access to, you
should be able to set read permissions on a table, for the Admin account,
which is the 'default' account used for unsecure databases.  You'll have to
give the admin account permissions to open the database too.

If you don't want to go that route, with linking a table, you could just use
ADO/DAO code, to connect to the db using the appropriate .mdw file, to
retrieve the data (the unbound method)! grin.  Of course this would put the
account and password in the source, so you would probably want to restrict
access to the source (.mde).

Drew