[AccessD] Viruses from "Microsoft"

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 16:09:42 CDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 04:18:09PM -0400, Susan Harkins wrote:
>  Supposedly,
> > this can launch itself on an unpatched system if you preview it.
>
> =============Previewing the email can launch the attached executable?
> Unfortunately, Norton Anti-Virus didn't catch these and I got about 12 of
> them. :(

Are your NAV virus definitions up to date? My NAV didn't fire either,
but the attachments aren't supposed to load on my Win boxes unless I try
to open them, so in theory NAV shouldn't see the attachments until then.
And I don't feel a strong hankering to open one just to see if NAV is
working. The e-mail scanner isn't catching this virus, so I'm wondering
if anyone can confirm that NAV does. Or doesn't.

Bob Hall