OT: [AccessD] Viruses

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 01:10:47 CDT 2003

I ran into some virus last Xmas that rendered all exe files unexecutable.  I
couldn't get cmd.exe running, or an anti virus or just about any program.
You could start programs by opening a file that had an association to an exe
so a .doc file would open Word.  I found a fix on the internet (which I got
to by double clicking an htm file) but could not run the setup.exe.  I just
renamed the extension to .com and it ran just fine and cleaned up the virus.

Hen