[AccessD] OT: Opening Access report from Visual Basic

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Sep 23 21:20:38 CDT 2003

Dim Acc As Access.Application
Set Acc = CreateObject("Access.Application")
Acc.OpenCurrentDatabase "G:\SHARED\Productivity Reports\Oleg\db2.mdb"
Acc.DoCmd.OpenReport "Project Box Sheet", acPreview
Acc.CloseCurrentDatabase
Acc.Quit
Set Acc = Nothing

That should work...if your report prompts the user, then the Access session
is going to lock the thread you are using in VB.  The code above is a
modified version of my 'WolfWeb' project, which is designed to run a report
that prompts the user for criteria.

Drew