[AccessD] OT- I am a lucky winner??

Ron Allen chizotz at charter.net
Fri Sep 26 11:40:43 CDT 2003

Hi Jarad,

Please don't take this personally, but I can't let this go
by without comment.

<rant>
Why are there so many people who seem, at least, to take
delight in pointing out completely insignificant and
irrelevent flaws in other peoples statements? What purpose
does this serve, other than possibly to make the person
pointing out the flaw feel somehow superior?

Yes, the bank, in the form of most of its employees, does
not need to know your PIN. Of course, this is obvious. But
the bank computers _do_ have to know your PIN for your ATM
and debit cards to work. This is also obvious. As everyone
on this list knows, those who work in the banks IT
department almost certainly has access to the PIN data. So
no matter how you cut it, the bank knows your PIN, period.

The point is, who cares? What possible difference does it
make to the discussion? Everyone with any common sense at
all understood exactly what I meant, and what I said was
valid. What was the reason for making that observation? It
seems pretty damn pointless, not to mention ridiculously
petty, to me.

</rant>

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Friday OT
and maybe even business related discussions.

Ron