[AccessD] Project Official Start

Developer Developer at UltraDNT.com
Tue Sep 30 23:44:25 CDT 2003

I would also run away from this situation, if I could, but offered some
advice assuming that if the developer/s in question were gonna walk,
they already would have done so.  It already seems that they are going
to work with this client, so they should protect themselves as much as
possible.  The client's attitude must be taken into account in a
risk/reward analysis, but who has so much work right now that they can
turn down contracts?

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Christopher
Hawkins
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 11:49 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Project Official Start

You can still walk away from a client like this, and should - 1999 be
damned.

IMHO, a client that is trying to negotiate penalty clauses before
defining what it is the developer is supposed to be developing is a
client looking to screw a developer and get something for nothing.
This is a HUGE red flag.

-Christopher-