[AccessD] Access to SQL Server

chris at thecube.net chris at thecube.net
Thu Apr 1 05:26:02 CST 2004

Martin,

I have recently tried to convert a stressed (concurrency wise) access97 back end to SQL server,
data conversion went smoothly, apart from rectifying memo field corruption in one table.

The forms worked fine and ignored the fact that i had swapped the access linked tables for ODBC
links to the SQL server. The problem came when i was opening recordsets and it was asking for
bizarre parameters, (dbSeeChanges)

For purity i love SQL server database power and stored procedures and the extras like getting the
database to back itself up nightly, and would not hesitate to convert access databases to SQL or
MSDE (is it still called MSDE?)

It's just convincing the client that a 1 gig access backend is 'pushing it' <g>

Regards

Chris