[AccessD] Compacting A2K

Paul M. Jones pjones at btl.net
Thu Apr 1 09:38:43 CST 2004

I've seen this problem on Windows Terminal server systems when the option
to 'compact on exit' is set on the MS Access database.  The compact works
fine on stand alone systems but fails on the  Terminal Server
machine.  This is particularly the case when other users are accessing the
MS Access file during that time. as well.  I have also found that even if
the compact works, the permissions on the file is changed so that other
users cannot access it.  I suspect that Citrix has similar issues since
Windows TS is supposed to be a subset of Citrix.

Paul M. Jones
Spire Services Ltd.