[AccessD] Access XP - Can't create MDE.

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Mon Apr 5 10:00:39 CDT 2004

Hey all,

I have an app that has been compiling to an MDE fine for several months now.
All of a sudden, it will not create an MDE.

The app will compile, but when I go to create an MDE (it is in XP format),
it asks where I want the output file to go, then sometimes I'll see the
progress bar flash to 100%, then it does one of two things.  It will either
sit there forever (I have left it for 2 hours before) while still using
80-90% CPU utilization, or it will crash Access XP.  Usually it just appears
to lock up.  Note that a normal compile takes maybe 1 minute.

I am pretty sure that I have not installed any new software or anything.

My coworker is able to pull form VSS and compile the app with no problems.

I am running on Windows 2000 Pro, .5G Ram, 700Mhz P-III.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may going wrong?

Thanks,
Bobby