[AccessD] Access XP - Can't create MDE. SOLVED

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Mon Apr 5 13:06:11 CDT 2004

Hi all,

A lister named Ryan e-mailed me off-line with a suggestion that was almost
correct.  He suggested that I change a module, save, restart, change it
back, save, compact & repair, then create the MDE.

Unfortunately, that did not do the trick.  So I went looking in the MS KB
and found KB article
814858 - ACC: Access May Stop Responding When You Try to Create an MDE File
or an ADE File
http://tinyurl.com/2ryvk
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814858&Product=acc20
02

Basically, it says that the compiled VBA project of the MDB was corrupt.  It
then says to use the /DECOMPILE switch to decompile the project.  I did
this, then compiled, then compacted & repaired.  Voila!  I can now create an
MDE.

Bobby