[AccessD] MS Access 2003 Gotchas

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 17:42:27 CDT 2004

... so I have Access 97 and Access 2000, when I installed .Net 2003, it
somehow blew away my rights to access the damn CodeLibrary unless I
stick the stupid 2000 ODE disc in the drive.  anyhow, that's not my
question.  There are behavioral diffrences in 97 and 2000 in the manner
that a form will behave when it is displayed in datasheet view,
Originally I thought it was the ADP causing this, but later found out
that it appears to just be a 2000 thing (strangley I've never
encountered it before). what I'm talking about is when you filter out a
continous form OR datasheet on say column 1 then you wish to modify the
data in column one you loose your filter when you attempt to modify or
enter data to that column, unfiltered/unsorted columns are fine.

so I want to test if Access 2003 will yield this same problem, but I
don't want to be up a creek w/o a paddle and have problems w/ the
installation when installing 2003.  I remember before people mentioning
the potential gotchas when going A2000/2002 w/ VBE.

Thanks,

--
-Francisco