[AccessD] Wierd AccXP memo happenings. SOLVED

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Tue Apr 13 08:50:33 CDT 2004

Hi Gustav,

Thanks for reminding me of this issue.  I was off work Friday and Monday and
had forgotten to let everyone know that I solved the issue on Thursday,
right as I was leaving for the weekend.

<RedFace ON>

This particular report has six 'tiers' (0-5) on it. And after reviewing the
report, I found that it does not use the Notes (memo) field.  So I modified
the queries to remove the Notes field.  When I then went to run the report,
it gave me the missing field error (it was saying the Notes field was
missing).  I tracked the error to a field that should contain estimated
receipts.  I guess when I had been setting up that last tier, I had
accidentally clicked the Notes field as the data source instead of the
correct field.  DOH!  And since it is rare for the client to have a tier 5
record (and one with a note), no one had caught this error before.

So basically, I screwed up the report.  <Head hung low.>

</RedFace ON>

Thanks to those that looked at this issue with me.

Bobby