[AccessD] OT - ASP & HTML Logon

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Tue Apr 27 03:28:47 CDT 2004

To all,

Really sorry for the OT but don’t know any good ASP/HTML lists.

I am starting to get into writing HTML & ASP (gulp), I have created a HTML logon page (very very very basic) which when you click the Submit button calls an ASP page called CheckLogin.asp (see HTML code below):

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>Orridge Reporting Logon</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
      <FORM METHOD=Post ACTION="CheckLogin.asp">
      Username: <INPUT TYPE=Text NAME="Username">
      <P>
      Password: <INPUT TYPE=Password NAME="Password">
      <P>
      <INPUT TYPE=Reset> <INPUT TYPE=Submit>
      </FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

The problem being that when the submit button is pressed it tries to download the page instead of checking the username against my database.  Does anyone know what the problem could be ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Paul Hartland
Database Designer/Developer (and a total novice in WEB development).
Join the UK's number one for the internet
www.freeserve.com/time