[AccessD] Capture value when deleting a a record

Barbara Ryan BarbaraRyan at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 07:17:47 CDT 2004

In an Access 97 application, I have a form that displays records from a table.  When a user deletes a record, I want to first capture the value in the key field and store it in a variable.  However, when the OnDelete event occurs, the record has already been deleted to a buffer.  I've also tried Form_Current but it's not available there either.  Aside from capturing all the possible keystrokes (that will delete a reord) in KeyDown, how can I capture a field value on a delete?

Thanks,
Barb Ryan