[AccessD] Query results display problem

Kaup, Chester A kaupca at chevrontexaco.com
Thu Apr 29 08:56:22 CDT 2004

I have a query that returns a 7 day average of some numbers and the 7
day average divided by 1000. The regular 7 day average display fine but
the 7 day average divided by 7 displays no decimal places. For example 7
day average is 1027.28571429 but the seven day average divided by seven
displays 1. I tried setting properties to fixed and 2 decimal places and
got 1.00. Why does it display this way? Thanks. SQL if someone wants to
look at it.

SELECT Avg([qry Sandhills Oil].SumOfTOTOILPROD) AS AvgOfSumOfTOTOILPROD,
Avg(([SumOfTOTOILPROD])/1000) AS OIL
FROM [qry Sandhills Gas] INNER JOIN [qry Sandhills Oil] ON [qry
Sandhills Gas].ACTVDATE = [qry Sandhills Oil].ACTVDATE
WHERE ((([qry Sandhills Gas].ACTVDATE) Between Date()-8 And Date()-2));

Chester Kaup
Technical Assistant
Texas Gas Team/MidContinent Business Unit
CTN 8-687-7415
Outside 432-687-7414

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large