[AccessD] A2K: Rich Text Stuff I suppose

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 22:54:52 CDT 2004

Hello all
Can anyone point me to some good examples of using rich text boxes? Then have the result viewable on a report?

What I want is for the user to create a standard welcome letter for any new customers added to the dB
EG I Want the user to be able to do a basic kind of merge, something like...
Hi <<CustomerFirstName>>
Welcome to the mailing list for <<ProductLine>>.
We here at all MsDatabasesR4U are happy to have you aboard.

And have say...the word "MsDatabasesR4U" in bold for example

I have code for getting data into the tags eg <<ContactFirstName>> and <<ProductLine>>
But what I want is the ability for my data entry people to create such text in some sort of RTBox
bound to a memo field somewhere in a table. Then produce a report bound to the same memo field and have the
same formatting eg "MsDatabasesR4U" in bold - on this report with my data filling in the tags.

Sorry for the long post

Any suggestions or pointers?

Many thanks in advance

Darren