[AccessD] Chinese Language

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 08:45:53 CDT 2004

Dear List:

I am trying to create a Chinese language version of my product with the help of a contact in Taiwan.

As an initial test she translated the captions on the Main Menu.  I created a front-end language file table to hold the two forms of Chinese (simple and complex) and can add fields as I add languages.

I sent her the table but she sent back an excel file of the table with the translations.  When I open the Excel file the Chinese characters display correctly (of course, how would I know?).

But when I copy one of these strings from the Excel cell into the language table in Access it shows as squares - undisplayable character, I assume.  So Excel displays the Chinese but not my Access.

I'm stating down the Access Help route but if anyone knows how to get Access to display foreign characters can you give me a lead?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com