[AccessD] Add new record + fill fields with last entered data?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Apr 1 05:35:13 CST 2004

On 1 Apr 2004 at 1:23, S D wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> when a user clicks the 'Add new record' button (s)he wants the data of the current record to be displayed in the new record.
> So if a user is on record 999 with field username filled with AAA and then clicks on 'Add new record' then a new record (1000) must appear with the field username filled with AAA.
>
> I know that this can be done using Bookmark or something but I cannot find it anymore. Tips/hints anyone?

One of several ways:
Create a system variable Username() (which you can populate on startup or when the
first record is saved) and set the default of the field to "=Username()"

In fact if I want to record usernames on data entry,  I generally use this technique and
hide the username field so that they can't alter it.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg