[AccessD] Add new record + fill fields with last entered data?SOLVED

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Apr 1 12:54:29 CST 2004

Here is a function that I use for this purpose. It's specific to each
particular field on a form, because in my experience I seldom wanted ALL
the fields to be duplicated; but rather just many of them. Note that I
typically define a compiler directive called TALKON.

Public Function CarryForward()

    Const cQuote = """"  'Thats two quotes
    Dim ctlCurrent As Control
    Set ctlCurrent = Screen.ActiveControl
    ctlCurrent.DefaultValue = cQuote & ctlCurrent.Value & cQuote

#If TALKON = True Then
    Debug.Print "Current default value: " & ctlCurrent.DefaultValue
    Debug.Print "New default value: " & ctlCurrent.DefaultValue
#End If

    Set ctlCurrent = Nothing

End Function

Arthur