[AccessD] Add new record + fill fields with last entereddata?SOLVED

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Apr 1 10:49:43 CST 2004

And of course, to a man with a hammer...

Add this CarryForward() (slightly modified) to the control classes for the
controls you want this functionality for, clsTxt if only the text control
etc.  Then in the dclsFrm form class create a colCarryForward collection to
hold pointers to the control classes you want to activate this functionality
for.  In dclsFrm build a SetCarryForward method with a ParamArray to pass in
the controls you want to set this up for.

In the form's Open event call dclsFrm.SetCarryForward ctl1, ctl2, ctl3.

In SetCarryForward iterate the ParamArray and grab a pointer to the class
for each control and place in the colCarryForward collection.

In mfrm_BeforeUpdate call a method DoCarryForward() that iterates the
colCarryForward collection and calls the control class' CarryForward method.

Having done this you now have CarryForward functionality for any form for
any project.  Just turn it on as you need it by calling the
dclsFrm.SetCarryForward method passing in controls to carry forward.

Of course you will need a hammer to do this.

;-)