[AccessD] Transfer text field name

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Apr 1 19:08:27 CST 2004

Whoa, thanks for that.  It never would have occurred to me to do that.

I have a file spec with all the fields and their start / stop positions, as
well as the format.  I kinda figured I'd build a table that has all of that
info plus my corresponding field name (it's a rather monstrous query since
it pulls from about a dozen normalized tables).  Then build a function that
opens the recordset and builds each record based on their field spec table.

In the end, what a PITA.  But your suggestion will definitely make things
easier.