[AccessD] A2K:Create Fields via code - Solved

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 8 08:35:45 CDT 2004

Actually, you can using SQL. So, if you don't have to use ADO/DAO, just use
SQL. On the other hand, I think you may be able to do it with ADOX? Not
positive on that one -- I know you can manipulate the field using ADOX, but
don't remember for sure about creating it.

Susan H.

Hi Dave
That was it
It seems you can't create an autonumber from code You first create a  number
field then change the attributes of that newly created field to  (drum roll)
***dbAutoIncrField*** Then that tells access it's an Autonumber

No wonder the help wasn't
I wouldn't have discovered/figured this by myself in a million years.
Many many thanks

and many thanks to those who responded

(I was just going through variations on Susan's suggestion when your post
came in)

This list is brilliant

Darren