[AccessD] Odd messages in List

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Thu Apr 8 14:22:52 CDT 2004

The e-mail that you are referring to is, unfortunately one of the new
breed of virii that spoofs the From line and sends itself to every
e-mail address that it can get from you e-mail client (usually Outlook
and Outlook Express).

In this case, and the one yesterday, it is from someone that has
AccessD's e-mail address and some listers addresses in their clients. So
the virus grabs a lister's address and uses that as the from and to the
AccessD list.

Since it is appears that the e-mail is from a lister, the list
ssoftware lets it through to the list :( Luckily the list software
strips anything that is not plain old text, so the viral payload didn't
get to the list.

I can tell you that it appears to actually be from someone that uses,
or used,  Bell South DSL for their internet connection.

Other than that, there is not much we can do :(

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> cfoust at infostatsystems.com 08-Apr-04 11:31:12 AM >>>
What is going on with the "Re: Your Document" messages I'm seeing in
the
list, complete with test attachment and a body of

"Hi!
Please read the attached document."

It's surprising my spam filters aren't screening this, since it
certainly looks like junk mail to me.

Charlotte Foust