[AccessD] Query problem

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 9 08:49:50 CDT 2004

Or, you do a desc sort?

Susan H.

Ms. Doran,

>> I want only the record for the earlier date in the cases where there
>> are duplicate ID's. But I also want all the records where there are
>> no duplicates. How would I query for this? <<

You can ask Access to give you the Minimum of the [DOT] column and get the
earliest date for the dupes and still get the non-dupes. The Minimum of a
single date is the date itself:

Field: DOT
Table: (Whatever your table is)
Total: Min (You need to select Totals from the Access View menu to see this
line)

>> What the original database did here was just added another
record with the same Patient ID and a second transplant date with new info
for many of the fields but not the static/demographic fields. The first
transplant date has the static fields. <<

Not sure I see the problem here. Of course, the "static/demographic"
information should be separated into its own table and the transplants
should be stored in another with a reference to the patient id.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

"I think that the send button actually turns brains on." -- Bryan Carbonnell