[AccessD] Show proces-step?!

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Thu Apr 15 07:56:50 CDT 2004

One option is to place a label on your form and update it as you are
progressing through.

dim currentfilenumber as interger
dim totalfilenumber as interger
dim progressmessage as string

totalfilenumber = <<Total File Count>>
currentfilenumber = <<Current File Number Being Processed>>

progressmessage = "Processing File: " & currentfilenumber & " of "
totalfilenumber & chr(13) & chr(10)
progressmessage = progressmessage & "Filename: " & currentfilename

Another option is to look in the help about using the Status Bar.

me.lblProgress.Capation = progressmessage
Doevents

                      "S D"
                      <accessd667 at yahoo.com>           To:       accessd <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      accessd-bounces at databasea        Subject:  [AccessD] Show proces-step?!
                      dvisors.com

                      04/15/2004 07:42 AM
                      Please respond to "Access
                      Developers discussion and
                      problem solving"

Hi group,

I want the user to see what's currently going in the application. So if a
user wants to proces 250 files (5-10 minutes) I want to show what file is
currently being processed (me thinks this being pretty nasty
English...sorry for that).

Something like:
Processing File: 9 of 21
Filename: 100_54_20040412.dat