[AccessD] jpg Screen shot

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Apr 16 05:01:38 CDT 2004

Hi Rocky

For the records - as you have sent your picture - William and I can
agree on this. Jpeg is not a first format except for "party photos",
and it is awful for screenshots where crisp straight lines and right
angles are distinct elements.

Bitmap is fine but - if you can do with 256 colours - GIF is ideal for
screenshots with large areas of plain colours as this format is
compressed without loss of image quality.

Downgrading the picture should be left for him/her preparing the image
for the magazine.

If a jpeg is mandatory, note that most image programs can convert to
jpg with zero loss at the cost of a much larger file size.

/gustav