[AccessD] Query fails when using NOT IN ???

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Tue Apr 20 20:48:01 CDT 2004

Yes, same datatype.  No, no quotes.

Here's the SQL statement.  Understand that StartDate and EndDate are
dates that were passed in to the function that contains this SQL.
I've pulled it apart into it's component pieces; it's definitely the
IN statement that is failing.

Here's the SQL:

        sInsert = "INSERT INTO TG_InvoiceLine (BlockID, UserId,
InvoiceID, ItemID, [Date], " & _
            "Description, QB_ActivitiesID, Billable, QBCustomerJob,
Qty, LineTotal, LineCost, Rate) " & _
            "SELECT TG_qryTimeBlockReview.BlockID,
TG_qryTimeBlockReview.UserId, TG_qryTimeBlockReview.InvoiceId, " & _
            "TG_qryTimeBlockReview.ItemID,
TG_qryTimeBlockReview.[Date], TG_qryTimeBlockReview.BlockDescription,
" & _
            "TG_qryTimeBlockReview.QB_ActivitiesID,
TG_qryTimeBlockReview.Billable, " & _
            "TG_qryTimeBlockReview.QB_NameID,
TG_qryTimeBlockReview.Duration AS Qty, " & _
            "TG_qryTimeBlockReview.LineTotal,
TG_qryTimeBlockReview.LineCost, TG_qryTimeBlockReview.TG_Rate " & _
            "FROM TG_qryTimeBlockReview WHERE
TG_qryTimeBlockReview.BlockID NOT IN (SELECT BlockID FROM
TG_InvoiceLine) AND (((TG_qryTimeBlockReview.[Date]) Between #" &
StartDate & "# And #" & EndDate & "#));"

-C-