[AccessD] custom sorts/groups in a report

Ken Ismert KIsmert at TexasSystems.com
Wed Apr 21 10:49:44 CDT 2004

Have you tried an expression in your query like:

GroupDay:
(Weekday([DateField])+IIf(Weekday([DateField])<[FirstDayOfWeek],7,0))

For a FirstDayOfWeek = 4 (Wednesday), it would return the desired grouping
order:

WeekDay   GroupDay
  4         4
  5         5
  6         6
  7         7
  1         8
  2         9
  3         10

This way, you can avoid any function or calculated control on your report.
You could replace [FirstDayOfWeek] with WeekDay(Date()), or source it from a
form.

-Ken