[AccessD] Form Opening Time

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 22 17:07:52 CDT 2004

On 22 Apr 2004 at 21:29, Pedro Janssen wrote:

> can you give me some information about Jet's showplan in the registry.
> What does it do? I have a form that needs about 35 sec to open, So
> this could be a great help.

Pedro,

There are others that can explain it better than I can, folks like
Paul Litwin, Ken Getz, and Mike Gunderloy. You can find Chapter 15:
Application Optimization of  ADH2K2 at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/dnacbk02/html/odc_4009c15.asp

Watch for wrap.

Basically what it does is dumps to a plain text file how the query is
"run" and you can look for places that the whole table is being
looked at, or missng indexes....

My problem turned out to not be quite that difficult.

I had an A2K FE and an A97 BE. They don't play well together. :(

My load time in now down to less than 1/2 a second from 20-25
seconds. It took me 2 days to figure that one out :(

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get
elected.