[Accessd] Running a report each Wednesday at 10:00 am

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Apr 24 20:20:19 CDT 2004

Does the scheduler require a login?

JWC

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Stuart
McLachlan
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 7:36 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problemsolving
Subject: Re: [Accessd] Running a report each Wednesday at 10:00 am

On 24 Apr 2004 at 7:42, Bill Morrill wrote:

> Anybody point me in a direction here?  How does one run an A2K report
> once a week -say on Wednesday at 10:00AM - without human intervention?
>   Access will be up and running in a particular database, in a
> particular form when the time trigger is go off.

The best way is to NOT rely on the Access application being up and
running. (One day someone *will* close it down or it will crash).

I have several Access apps which run unattended (they generate and
email reports in the early hours of the morning).

They way I do it is create a function in an mdb file to print the
report(s), email it or whatever followed by a Quit command.

Then I call that function as the argument of an Autoexec macro.

FInally I use a task scheduler which opens the application at the
appropriate time. (The built-in MS scheduler or the AT command works
fine for this)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg