[AccessD] Zip + 4 + foreign phones

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 25 02:27:16 CDT 2004

Starting point for International Addressing
http://www.upu.int/post_code/en/looking_information.html
http://www.upu.int/post_code/en/international_addressing.shtml
International Software 10 CD-ROMS
http://www.addressdoctor.com/en/FrameFile.asp?2-3+products/developers.htm
USPS online webService zip code lookup
http://www.usps.com/webtools/htm/Address-Information.htm

'canada("H0H 0H0") 'Santa Claus' zipcode or H0H-0H0
'British Postal code similar but extra digit
Function canada(txt) As Boolean
'verify Canada Postal Code also a couple of letters not used, first
letter is Province V=BC
Dim i As Integer
Dim compare As Variant
For i = 1 To Len(txt) - 6
    compare = Mid(txt, i, 7)
    MsgBox compare
    If compare Like "*[a-z]#[a-z] #[a-z]#*" Then
        canada = True
    Else
        canada = False
    End If
Next
End Function

Foriegn phone numbers generally are 1-3 digit country code then 1-4
digit city code (in US area code) then 4-6 digit number
The US Canada country code just happens to be 1
extra prefix digits are added in each country to get an international
line or extra city line

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.