[AccessD] Access Address to Map in Browser

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 08:49:53 CDT 2004

Yep, but I'm afraid it uses the Map24.Com website which is good for Europe
but not the US. I have a country table which holds the Map24 country code
(some differ from mine) in CT_MAPCODE. So I pass the routine my country code
and the Postal Code and, optionally, a description (eg company name) which
appears at the top of the map. It then plugs this info into the Map24
plotting URL and bob's your uncle.

FWIW here's the function (watch the wrapping):

Function MapIt(strCountry As String, varPcode As Variant, Optional varDesc
As String)
Dim varMapCode As Variant
Dim strLink As String

If Not IsNull(varPcode) Then
varMapCode = DLookup("CT_MAPCODE", "CTRY", "CT_CODE='" & strCountry & "'")
If Not IsNull(varMapCode) Then
strLink = "http://link2.map24.com/?lid=0cb4a937&maptype=JAVA&street0=&zip0="
& varPcode & "&city0=&country0=" & varMapCode & "&description0=" & varDesc &
"&lang=en"
Call RunApp(strLink, 1)
End If
End If