[AccessD] A2K: Using the shell() function

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Apr 29 11:39:08 CDT 2004

Hi Steven

>>> I hate to repeat myself <<

> I hope that you're referring to the world at large and not to me
> specifically, as I don't remember reading any reference to another
> FTP program. But then again I don't read every AccessD message.

Well, that explains - I did mail a message 2004-04-22 on this when you
complained the first time. Anyway ...

> I'm not opposed to spending money for a decent program. I purchased
> WS_FTP Pro. What's different about 3D-FTP?

It features an API which allow you to automate it. There is a very
simple example on their site but in practice you have to do a lot of
checking (paths, files, etc.) before you have a robust routine.

You can download everything for free for evaluation, so you can easily
check it out.

It has run in version 4 at one of our clients for several years
without a single problem where they upload over thousand picture files
per run for a web site. As hosting companies' ftp servers are quite
capable, 3D-FTP can stress these to their limits which results in very
fast upload sessions.

If you like, you can get my module which, of course, is heavily
customized but I'm convinced you can easily extract what you need and
modify it.

A note: wcl_ftp is mainly for transfer of one file per session, thus I
use it for situations where only, say, a backup cab-file is to be
uploaded.

/gustav